December 13, 2016
Today the marks the first day of our 12 Days of Christmas holiday deals. Every day, from today through December 24, we’ll offer a new one-day only deal on a product in our shop. Today’s deal is for 10% off the One Cup Sake Gift Set. Find the discount code on our 12 Days of Christmas page.
The One Cup Sake Gift Set is the perfect present for a sake-loving friend who loves variety or who is just starting to discover their sake preferences. The set features six sakes and a Sake Tasting Notebook, all wrapped up in a gift box. Each sake has very different attributes from the other, and each comes in an easy-to-drink 180 ml one-cup container, just enough to make an informed decision to write in the notebook about each brew.
Here are the six sakes that are included in the One Cup Sake Gift Set, along with some brief notes on each:
- Joppari “Stubborn Daruma” Honjozo: Extra dry, crisp. Best enjoyed chilled.
- Hakushika “Tanuki” Junmai: Medium-bodied, easy-to-drink, good at all temps.
- Akishika “Bambi” Junmai: Light and creamy. And the reusable glass cup is too cute! Serve chilled or room temp.
- Kibo “Hope” Junmai: A fresh + ricey junmai. Suisen Brewery was destroyed in the 2011 earthquake/tsunami, but was rebuilt the following year. Enjoy room temperature or chilled, depending on your preference.
- Funaguchi “Gold Can” Honjozo: A staff and customer favorite. It’s undiluted (genshu) so it has a high ABV (19%). It’s also unpasteurized (nama), with lots of body and fruity notes. Enjoy cold!
- Ikezo “Peach Jelly” Sparkling Sake: It’s a bit hard to explain this sake, but we say that it’s like an effervescent Jell-O shot, in a can. Just make sure to chill and then shake, shake, shake this can vigorously before enjoying!