December 2, 2013
1 small chicken breast, cut into small cubes
10 green beans, diced small
1/4 medium yellow onion, diced small
1/2 cup kimchi, diced medium
4 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 fresno chili or jalapeño, diced extra small
3 eggs, whisked
2 cups steamed white rice
1/4 cup tomato sauce
3 tbsp Sriracha
4 tbsp blend oil, 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 canola oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper, heat up 2 tablespoons of oil till starts smoking and add chicken.
2. Cook chicken thoroughly with nice color and place on paper towel.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of oil into the same pan with the used chicken oil, add onion, shiitake, fresno chili, haricot verts (a fancy way to say green beans) and season with salt to taste.
4. Cook everything until tender. Add cooked rice, cooked chicken, kimchi, tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon Sriracha, and fry until everything is mixed in well and make sure it is seasoned nicely. I used homemade tomato sauce, but you can use the canned version or something nice out of a glass jar.
5. In a nonstick pan add 1 tablespoon oil on low heat and cook the whisked egg in the pan and make a thin egg omelette.
6. Add rice mixture on top of the omelette in the pan. Fold the omelette slowly towards you, carefully wrapping the rice up into the omelette blanket. Gently guide the omurice of the pan, with the egg covering the rice, onto your desired plate.
7. Squeeze the rest of Sriracha on top to garnish. Sliced green onion would be nice too.
ENJOY and BON APPETIT!!
*Kid Skwid is a sous chef at Spago restaurant in Beverly Hills. On his rare days off, he enjoys riding his bike around LA and going to the beach.